Sunday, November 29, 2015

Do soulmates exist?


 April 26, 2013

The popular notion of a soulmate meaning one person with whom you are destined to share your life.

Do they exist?
Do you believe in them?

I’m starting to believe it doesn’t. Which sucks, cause I used to believe that they do really exist. I’ve always thought about my soulmate; who is he, what’s his name, how does he look like; his eyes, his nose, his lips, his face. Mostly, I question God, have I already met him? Or do I already know him, or does he know me.

Sometimes, when people are in love, they tend to tell their selves that they have already met the one for them. But often times they’re wrong. Sometimes we idealize people/relationships and convince ourselves that we are in love, soul mates, whatever. But there are instances where something so remarkable happens that’ll make you realize that you are wrong. That what you have been thinking all along was wrong. You were wrong. You were wrong about this certain person. Then you tell yourself “maybe he/she’s not yet the one for me.” Then another person will come into your life, you fall in love, same thing happens, same line; “maybe he/she’s not yet the one for me.” And so on.. You think it’s magical and easy, but no. It’s tricky, because you don’t choose who you fall in love with (it is called falling in love for a reason) also, you don’t know who you are going to end up with. You don’t know anything about the future. Things change, as well as people and feelings. You may be happy and in love today, but you may also find yourself crying tomorrow.

Cause in reality; people fall in love quickly because they’re not thinking and seeing what is truly there.. truly. At some point some will say, certain people have changed. But the truth is, you just know/see who they really are. If you choose to stick with that person, care for them, be happy with them and still accept them for who they are no matter what happens (and vice versa) then that is love. Naks. And that’s what really matters.

Anyhow, the existence of “soul mates” is more a matter of belief. ;)not everyone believes in it. But I do, I just don’t believe that there is only 1 though, but there are not millions either. There are probably a limited number of people whom you will “click” with on a soul level, people who are psychologically, socially, and sexually in sync, people with whom you share a deep emotional, spiritual connection but.. fortunately we end up with just one. In other words, you can love many times and ways, but there will be one, not like any other.

Personally, I believe that God has a specific person for us to marry and to spend the rest of our lives with. But then in the back of my mind, I think you can also learn to love anyone you know and be happy with them for the rest of your life IF you continue to work on your relationship with them.

This whole soulmate thing is confusing, maybe because I haven’t found mine yet. But one thing for sure; true love exists. Yun nalang. True love and soulmates go hand in hand, I must say. The one who will be with you no matter what until the day you die is your true love and your soulmate. Not all people are lucky enough to find theirs though. It’s rare but it’s precious and indeed a very very very beautiful thing.





No copyright infringement intended. These are from Maine Mendoza’s blog and I am just re-posting this to reach those who would want to read it but cannot access her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment